A complete Guide for NEET Exam
The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level medical entrance examination for students who wish to study any graduate course in Allopathic (General), Ayurvedic, Unani, Homeopathic and Dental medicine. NEET replaces the All India Pre Medical Test and became the unified entrance exam for medical studies at government or private medical colleges in India.
NEET is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for MBBS/BDS admission in all the MCI/DCI approved colleges in India. Despite prevailing ambiguity, its significance can be gauged from the fact that over 70,000 seats for medical studies across India are available only to students who successfully complete the NEET. More than 13 lakhs candidates are expected to apply for NEET 2020 and 2021.
Important Chapter to Prepare
Physics: Important units of measurements and their uses, various physical laws and their impact on technology, International System Units (SI units) and their fundamentals, measuring length, quantity, time and mass, errors in measurements and corrective steps, constant accuracy of instruments and error margins, prevailing and proposed units of the Physical Society, notable discoveries and inventions, dimension and its uses, so on.
Chemistry: Basics of chemistry, importance of chemistry, laws of chemical combination, laws of atoms, molecules and elements, molecular science, Stoichiometry and its calculations, chemical composition and related laws, molecular mass, chemical reactions, chemical calculations.
Biology: Biology for NEET includes botany and zoology. Suggested readings includes diversity and biodiversity in the world, genus, species and classification of flora and fauna, domains of life and nature, classification of the five kingdoms of life, fungi, bacteria and other microbes and their uses, variety of species, binomial and related theories, taxonomy, taxonomical practices and theories of botany and zoology.
Strategies to prepare for NEET
1. Start Early: NEET features physics, chemistry and biology related questions which starts revolve around us at school, from Standard VIII and onwards till Higher Secondary. Preparing from Standard IX itself be a safer option helps Students crack NEET successfully.
2. Revise Old Books: For those who are in class 11 should not panic or get anxious instead getting help from old text books of physics, chemistry and biology to revise the basics as the syllabus provided is unchanged. Now, their focus should be on exam preparation at the moment.
3. NCERT: Books aimed at preparing students to cover NEET syllabus is NCERT books of class 11 and 12 physics, chemistry, biology. These are the most ideal textbooks serve as excellent guides to understanding NEET and the type of questions asked.
4. Online Study: Plenty of Study material to crack NEET are available online. There are many website offering paid private coaching classes. Moreover, Volumes of study and reference material are provided free at NCERT and CBSE websites.
5. Point out weakness: Students are proficient at one subject while weak in another. It is essential to know the subjects in which you lag and immediately seek the help of a teacher or a mentor or any who is expert in that particular topic. Usually the problem lies in grabbing the concepts which once cleared, you can able to solve the questions in a better way.
6. Grouping: One or more of your classmate must be preparing for NEET. It is advisable to form a study group which allows comparing notes and exchanging views.
7. Mathematics: It is a major misconception among NEET students that mathematics has no role in the exam. On the contrary, an excellent mathematical skills are required while solving numerical questions in the physics and chemistry sections.
8. Stick notes and Charts Sheets: Prepare separate charts for each of Physics, chemistry and biology as they contains lots of formulas, theorem and complex names, symbol designators and calculations. Revising from that stick notes will help in remembering those formulas which ultimately help in fast calculation.
9. Previous Question Papers: Previous year questions of NEET along with their solutions are easily available on the Internet. A thorough practice of these questions will reveal patterns. Also, a thorough study of these answer sheets can hold vital clues on how to score high.
10. Mock Tests:
Mock tests are mandatory part at the time of preparation. It gives a strict knowledge about the question type. Involve giving mock test frequently so that an easy differentiation can be made by you mind about the common questions to rigid.